Posted to discuss@apachecon.com by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com> on 2006/03/02 10:54:44 UTC

Login for CfP

Hi

It seems to me that

http://www.entwickler.com/konferenzen/input3/apachecon_en/index.php

is not the same anymore as for the US conferences, right?

So, I guess I need to re-register ...

Thanks

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org>.
According to Torsten:

> Hm... wondering how that makes it any different for the
> CFP - still you guys are choosing the sessions, or am I
> wrong?

Of course, the sessions/speakers/etc. will be selected
by the ASF planning committee.

> Anyway please tell them that 600 characters for an abstract
> is not really much. I would appreciate extending that to 750 :)

If you need or would like to provide additional information you
can upload additional files (pdf, txt, ppt, doc, etc.).

ciao...
--
Lars Eilebrecht
lars@apache.org

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Torsten Curdt <tc...@apache.org>.
>> ok, I admit that I am lazy bastard ;-) but wouldn't it be nice to
>> use the same system as for ApacheCon US?
>
> Yes, but this time the CFP is handled by our European
> producer Software & Support Verlag.

Hm... wondering how that makes it any different for the
CFP - still you guys are choosing the sessions, or am I
wrong?

Anyway please tell them that 600 characters for an abstract
is not really much. I would appreciate extending that to 750 :)

...and why is there a login address and an address for the
speaker - why multiple speaker profiles anyway?! ...but whatever

cheers
--
Torsten

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Lars Eilebrecht <la...@apache.org>.
According to Michael:

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
Rich Bowen wrote:

>>is it possible to export the data from entwickler.com in case the ASF
>>decides
>>to switch the system again at some later stage?
>>

>I don't know. We'll look into it.

thanks. Please let me know if I can support you somehow.

Michi

--
Michael Wechner

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.

rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Michael Wechner <mi...@wyona.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:

> Rich Bowen wrote:
>
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> ok, I admit that I am lazy bastard ;-) but wouldn't it be nice to
>>> use the same system as for ApacheCon US?
>>

>> No, it wouldn't be nice to use the same system as for ApacheCon US. It
>> was cumbersome and prone to error, and when it broke, most of the time
>> only one person was able to fix it. This is a huge improvement, and
>> frees us up to do more important things, like planning a conference.
>

> I think folks are just asking for consistancy;

right

> contrawise - will *this*
> system be used for the 2006 US conference, at least is the committee
> considering it?

or will the data/content be migrated?

Thanks

Michi

> Bill

Michael Wechner

Re: Login for CfP

Posted by Rich Bowen <rb...@rcbowen.com>.
William A. Rowe, Jr. wrote:
> Rich Bowen wrote:
>> Michael Wechner wrote:
>>
>>> ok, I admit that I am lazy bastard ;-) but wouldn't it be nice to
>>> use the same system as for ApacheCon US?
>>
>> No, it wouldn't be nice to use the same system as for ApacheCon US. It
>> was cumbersome and prone to error, and when it broke, most of the time
>> only one person was able to fix it. This is a huge improvement, and
>> frees us up to do more important things, like planning a conference.
>
> I think folks are just asking for consistancy; contrawise - will *this*
> system be used for the 2006 US conference, at least is the committee
> considering it?

That is unknown at this time. The interface is managed by the conference
planning company, and so it is likely that US will have a consistent
interface year to year, and Europe will have a consistent interface, but
not with each other. However, I don't believe it's actually been discussed.

--
Rich Bowen
rbowen@rcbowen.com

Re: Login for CfP