Posted to dev@openoffice.apache.org by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de> on 2019/09/01 16:23:01 UTC

Re: Building AOO 4.2.0 for Windows with AdoptOpenJDK

Hi all,

> Hi Keith,
>
> Am 31.08.19 um 15:37 schrieb Keith N. McKenna:
>> On 8/31/2019 4:23 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
>>> Hi all,
>>>
>>> At the moment I am doing my test builds (trunk and 42X) for Windows with
>>> the latest Oracle JDK (8u221).
>>> I am still able to download, but Oracle changed its licensing. I am not
>>> a lawyer and would prefer to move away from it.
>>>
>>> Damjan recently introduced some patches, so AOO can now work with
>>> AdoptOpenJDK.
>>> It is available in 32 bit, which is still needed for Windows [1].
>>> I am just doing a build for AOO 4.2.0 with AdaptOpenJDK (8u222) and it
>>> looks good so far...
>>>
>>> What do you think?
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>>
>>>    Matthias
>>>
>>> [1]
>>> https://adoptopenjdk.net/releases.html?variant=openjdk8&jvmVariant=hotspot#x32_win
>>>

>> Mathias;
>>
>> This sounds like it has great potential as it appears to gives us a
>> potential path beyond version 8 as a cursory reading of the AdoptOpenJDK
>> web site shows that it supports version 11 and 12 for both both Windows
>> 32 and 64 bit systems.
>>
>> I look forward to testing your new version 4.2.0 build with the
>> AdoptOpenJDK.
> You will find them at the usual place:
> https://home.apache.org/~mseidel/AOO-builds/AOO-420-Test/
>
> They should be up tomorrow.

Builds are online!

Please test, especially everything related to Java. ;-)

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Am 01.10.19 um 01:20 schrieb Marcus:
>> No feedback=No interest?
>>
>> Maybe I should stop providing test builds.
>> That would save me a lot of my spare time...
>
> sorry for being silent for this topic. However, Java is not really my
> favorite thing. ;-)

Just do normal tests with everything that is related to Java:

 - Search in online help
 - (some) wizards
 - database
 - ...

The only "special" thing to test would be if the SDK is complete
regarding JavaDoc. But I doubt that anyone had a look at the SDK in the
past years... ;-)

Matthias

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
(Bumping up th topic again)

Hi all,

One thing I noticed while building with AdoptOpenJDK are numerous
warnings regarding Javadoc.
Maybe someone with some understanding can have a look at it?

Otherwise, I have no problems when using AOO on a daily base, even with
different JREs configured.

Regards,

   Matthias

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Marcus,

Posted by Marcus <ma...@wtnet.de>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Peter,

Posted by Peter Kovacs <pe...@apache.org>.

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Dave,

Posted by Dave Fisher <wa...@apache.org>.
Hi Matthias,

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
No feedback=No interest?

Posted by "Keith N. McKenna" <ke...@comcast.net>.
On 9/5/2019 6:58 AM, Matthias Seidel wrote:
> Hi Keith, all,
>
> Did you have time to test?
>
> Feedback is always welcome... ;-)
>
> Regards,
>
>    Matthias

<snip>
I had done successful tests on both 4.1.7 and 4.2.0. Then got
concentrating on 4.1.7 release and forgot to get back here to report.
Please accept my humble apologies.

Regards
Keith

Re: Building AOO 4.2.0 for Windows with AdoptOpenJDK

Posted by Matthias Seidel <ma...@hamburg.de>.
Hi Keith, all,

Did you have time to test?

Feedback is always welcome... ;-)