Posted to ojb-user@db.apache.org by aw...@free.fr on 2004/09/13 16:59:41 UTC

OjbStorePMF configuration problem for several connections

Hi,

In brief : a call to
'myOjbStorePMF.getPersistenceManager().currentTransaction().begin()' fails
because of a bad connection with the database.
The problem seems to come from the
org.apache.ojb.jdori.sql.OjbStoreConnector.begin() method, where a
defaultPersistenceBroker() is called to begin the transaction.
But we don't need a default PB, we would like to use two (or more) databases, so
the defaultPersistenceBroker() method call is not adapted for us.
How could we solve this problem ?

We instantiate the myOjbStorePMF object with an URL, an user name, a password
and a driver name, but this parameters are not take into account. An
OjbStorePMF is created for each connection (two connections for the moment).

We could not use a serialization of the requests because several threads run
concurrently.

(We use ojb-1.0.0.)

Thank you in advance for your help.

Note : the exception trace is not really relevant, it's just an "error getting
connection", but it is a normal consequence of the problem.

--
Christophe