Posted to dev@maven.apache.org by Dan Fabulich <da...@fabulich.com> on 2008/01/03 00:19:39 UTC

Re: [VOTE] [Take 2] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4

I knew it was a mistake to call a vote on the day after Christmas.  ;-)
More votes, please!  Currently it's just me and Marat Radchenko, both +1
non-binding.

-Dan

Posted by Olivier Lamy <ol...@apache.org>.
+1 (non binding)

--
Olivier

Posted by Dan Tran <da...@gmail.com>.
+1 from me ( still non binding :-)

-D

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 10:20 AM, Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On Jan 3, 2008 9:17 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> > +1
>
> +1 from a happy user.

This vote has passed, right ?

Jerome

Re: [VOTE] [Take 2] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4

Posted by Jerome Lacoste <je...@gmail.com>.
On Jan 3, 2008 9:17 AM, Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org> wrote:
> +1

+1 from a happy user.

Re: [VOTE] [Take 2] Release Maven Surefire version 2.4

Posted by Jason van Zyl <ja...@maven.org>.
+1

On 2 Jan 08, at 3:19 PM 2 Jan 08, Dan Fabulich wrote:

> I knew it was a mistake to call a vote on the day after
> Christmas.  ;-) More votes, please!  Currently it's just me and
> Marat Radchenko, both +1 non-binding.
>
> -Dan
>
> Dan Fabulich wrote:
>

>> Hi,
>>
>> Maven Surefire version 2.4 is back on the runway.  A handful of
>> bugs were fixed since the previous take, including SUREFIRE-416
>> (which blocked the release).
>>
>> Note that I'm still unable to reproduce SUREFIRE-328, which some
>> people claim to have seen in the wild.  If you can reproduce it
>> with the staged 2.4 Surefire, please send me a REDUCED Maven
>> project that reproduces the problem [that is, not your entire
>> build, if you can help it ;-)]
>>
>> I also took this opportunity to make a briefer shortcut for
>> skipping test execution without skipping test compile.  You should
>> now be able to "mvn install -DskipTests" to compile your tests
>> without running them.  (Note no need for =true.)
>>
>> Hopefully folks have spent some time trying out the SNAPSHOT
>> version or the previous take, because we expect ordinary users to
>> get auto-upgraded to version 2.4 when we decide to release.
>>
>> This version fixes numerous long-outstanding bugs, notably in
>> TestNG support.
>>
>> We solved 72 issues: http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/ReleaseNote.jspa?projectId=10541&styleName=Html&version=13243
>>
>> There are still 30 issues left in JIRA:
>> http://jira.codehaus.org/secure/IssueNavigator.jspa?reset=true&pid=10541&status=1
>>
>> Staging repo:
>> http://people.apache.org/~dfabulich/staging-repo/
>>
>> Vote open for 72 hours.
>>
>> [ ] +1
>> [ ] +0
>> [ ] -1
>>
>> PS Since it's so close to the Gregorian New Year, I'm probably not
>> going to actually deploy the release until Jan 3 at the earliest,
>> even if the vote passes.  :-)

Jason

Jason van Zyl
Founder,  Apache Maven
jason at sonatype dot com

Three people can keep a secret provided two of them are dead.

-- Unknown