Posted to user@drill.apache.org by Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com> on 2015/10/29 15:01:49 UTC

Drill Query Error

I am getting Drill exception while querying any clue?

RESOURCE ERROR: Waited for 108750ms, but tasks for 'Get block maps' are not
complete. Total runnable size 116, parallelism 16.

Re: Drill Query Error

Posted by Andries Engelbrecht <ae...@maprtech.com>.
Will help to give more info on your environment and configuration.

—Andries

Re: Drill Query Error

Posted by Abdel Hakim Deneche <ad...@maprtech.com>.
Hi Sanjeev,

are you running a single query or multiple queries concurrently ?

Thanks

On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 9:24 AM, Andries Engelbrecht <
aengelbrecht@maprtech.com> wrote:

> Information that will be more helpful are answering questions like the
> following.
>
> What DFS are you trying to connect to? Is it local or remote? What does
> the storage plugin config looks like? etc.
>

> —Andries
>
> > On Oct 29, 2015, at 9:15 AM, Sanjeev Verma <sa...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >
> > it is 5 node drill cluster configured with 20GB direct memory.
> >
> > On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 8:39 PM, Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>
> wrote:
> >
> >> This message is saying that Drill asked HDFS (or MFS) for the block
> >> locations of the files involved in the query. Drill used 16 threads for
> >> doing this work and waited a total of 108 seconds but the Namenode (or
> MFS)
> >> didn't respond. There were 116 separate files that a block map was
> >> requested for.
> >>
> >> As Andries said, we need more information on the situation you are
> running
> >> on. Is this HDFS? Is this S3? Which version of Drill and other systems?
> >>
> >> --
> >> Jacques Nadeau
> >> CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio
> >>
> >> On Thu, Oct 29, 2015 at 7:01 AM, Sanjeev Verma <
> sanjeev.verma82@gmail.com>

> >> not

--

Abdelhakim Deneche