Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Jan Kocian <ko...@seznam.cz> on 2003/03/12 14:48:26 UTC

resolving version of Tomcat

Hi,

does anybody know how to get version of allready installed Tomcat? I
wan't to create upgrade script of product that uses Tomcat and need to
check version from this script.

I browse through the sources and only version information is string that
is displayed to console after Tomcat is started ("Apache Tomcat/4.0.6"),
but I cannot find the version string alone.

Thank for your help
			Honza

[IOException] Index locked for write

Posted by jeepee3 <je...@sympatico.ca>.
Hi,

I have this file "write.lock" in my "Lutece Web application" that's running by
Tomcat and this cause me a problem when I startup.bat my Tomcat. Here is the
part of the DOS screen that imform me about this problem. (Sorry for my english
I need more practice, but this is an other problem :) :
[INFO] JkMain - -Jk running ID=0 time=0/110
config=C:\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat41\bin\..\conf\jk2.properties
java.io.IOException: Index locked for write : Lock@
C :\Program Files\Apache Group\Tomcat41\webapps\lutece\WEB-INF\index\write.lock
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)
        at org.apache.lucene.index.IndexWriter.<init>(Unknown Source)

I think this problem is due to a bab config on mod_jk2 or jk2.properties or
something like that ?
I search the Tomcat User List Archive and I really don't no where to start to
resolve this problem ?
Do I have to remove this file (write.lock) from my PC ?

Thanks for your help !

JPK

Re: resolving version of Tomcat

Posted by Jan Kocian <ko...@seznam.cz>.
You don't understand me well. I need to get version of Tomcat that is
not running (or not in Servlet/JSP) - directly from Tomcat's files from
disc (or using some small Java application).
	Honza

Posted by Calvin Rapier <ca...@potlatchcorp.com>.

Posted by Steven Shand <st...@intrallect.com>.
call getServerInfo() on the ServletContext