Posted to mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org by "MrAsanjar ." <af...@gmail.com> on 2015/05/08 18:50:54 UTC

namenode uestion

hi all,
I have an hdfs question, my understanding is, namenode sends a list of
datanodes to hadoop client to send data blocks based on replication
setting. The question is, does the list from namenode has IP addresses or
hostnames, or both of the datanodes.

NN -------> Client  ----> DN1 ------> DN2 ------> DN3

Re: namenode uestion

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.
Unless you turn on "dfs.client.use.datanode.hostname", the NN will
always use IPs to denote replica location addresses.

--
Harsh J

Re: namenode uestion

Posted by Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>.