Posted to user@hawq.apache.org by Dmitry Bouzolin <db...@yahoo.com> on 2017/02/02 02:48:51 UTC

Using HDFS snapshots with Hawq

Hi All,
Does anyone use HDFS snapshots with HAWQ? Can you post some examples?My understanding in its current form HDFS snapshotting is of no use for HAWQ.
Thanks,Dmitry.

Re: Using HDFS snapshots with Hawq

Posted by Lei Chang <le...@apache.org>.
I think one use case of HDFS snapshot is backup: you can do a snapshot of
hdfs, and then backup hdfs, and please also remember do a backup of hawq
master directory at the same time.

Cheers
Lei