Posted to users@httpd.apache.org by FloorFLUX <fl...@gmail.com> on 2005/03/17 21:52:25 UTC

[users@httpd] Strange SSL log info on startup

I have installed Apache 2.0.53 with SSL on my Windows XP machine.  I
am trying to troubleshoot an issue where the server becomes
unresponsive for a few moments every once in a while.  One strange
thing I've noticed in my log files is that whenever Apache starts, the
logs indicate that SSL is starting 4 times.  SSL is configured in my
httpd.conf file like this:

<IfModule mod_ssl.c>
     SSLRandomSeed startup builtin
     SSLSessionCache none
</IfModule>

## Section 3: Virtual Hosts
#Set up Virtual Host for SSL
<VirtualHost myIPAddress:443>
	ServerName myComputer
	ErrorLog logs/SSLerror_log.log
	TransferLog logs/SSLaccess_log.log
	SetEnvIf User-Agent ".*MSIE.*" nokeepalive ssl-unclean-shutdown
downgrade-1.0 force-response-1.0
	SSLEngine On
	SSLCertificateFile conf/ssl/myComputer.cert
	SSLCertificateKeyFile conf/ssl/myComputer.key
</VirtualHost>

My SSLerror_log.log file looks like this after starting Apache:

[date 13:17:29] [info] Loading certificate & private key of SSL-aware server
[date 13:17:29] [info] Configuring server for SSL protocol
[date 13:17:29] [info] Loading certificate & private key of SSL-aware server
[date 13:17:30] [info] Configuring server for SSL protocol
[date 13:17:30] [info] Loading certificate & private key of SSL-aware server
[date 13:17:30] [info] Configuring server for SSL protocol
[date 13:17:31] [info] Loading certificate & private key of SSL-aware server
[date 13:17:31] [info] Configuring server for SSL protocol

The error.log file also indicates this by saying the following 4 times:

Init: Initializing OpenSSL library
Init: Seeding PRNG with 136 bytes of entropy
Init: Generating temporary RSA private keys (512/1024 bits)
Init: Generating temporary DH parameters (512/1024 bits)
Init: Initializing (virtual) servers for SSL
Server: Apache/2.0.53, Interface: mod_ssl/2.0.53, Library: OpenSSL/0.9.7e

before it says:

Child 6080: Child process is running
Parent: Duplicating socket 196 and sending it to child process 6080
Parent: Duplicating socket 192 and sending it to child process 6080
Child 6080: Acquired the start mutex.
Child 6080: Starting 250 worker threads.
Child 6080: Listening on port 443.
Child 6080: Listening on port 80.

Is this normal that the SSL info shows up 4 times in my log files?
This happens on a few test machines that I have configured.

Thanks in advance for the input!

--Floor