Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by al...@aim.com on 2011/09/08 22:22:17 UTC

pagination with grouping

 Hello,

When trying to implement pagination as in the case without grouping I see two issues.
1. with rows=10 solr feed displays 10 groups not 10 results
2. there is no total number of results with grouping  to show the last page.

In detail:
1. I need to display only 10 results in one page. For example if I have group.limit=5 and the first group has 5 docs, the second 3 and the third 2 then only these 3 group must be displayed in the first page.
Currently specifying rows=10, shows 10 groups and if we have 5 docs in each group then in the first page we will have 50 docs.

2.I need to show the last page, for which I need total number of results with grouping. For example if I have 5 groups with number of docs 5, 4, 3,2 1 then this total number must be 15.

Any ideas how to achieve this.

Thanks in advance.
Alex.

Re: pagination with grouping

Posted by al...@aim.com.
Is case #2 planned to be coded in the future releases?

Thanks.
Alex.

2. rows=10 means to results (irregardless of groups).

I thought there was a total number of groups (ngroups) or case #1.

I don't believe case #2 has been coded.

Posted by Bill Bell <bi...@gmail.com>.
There are 2 use cases: