Posted to user@synapse.apache.org by "Hubert, Eric" <er...@jamba.net> on 2008/06/04 20:29:08 UTC

RE: [esb-java-dev] Changing the context name for services

Hi Asankha,

thanks for you quick reply!

> AFAIK, the changes "required" should be just the following for 1.7:
> > The interesting results of a quick grep have shown this:
> >
> > classes/conf/axis2.xml:    <parameter name="servicePath"
> > locked="false">soap</parameter>
> >
> > web.xml:        <url-pattern>/soap/*</url-pattern>

Cool! I really like to change it, but I was just too anxious to try it
out. ;-)

> But with the ESB 1.6, we had to change the following too:
> > But also this:
> > webapp/extensions/core/js/esb.js:var SERVICE_CONTEXT = "/soap";

Hmmm, I executed the grep on wso2esb beta 2 (based on Synapse 1.2 beta
1).

> > I would I expect all samples to fail.
> I don't understand.. why would they fail? if you change the context of
> course then they will :D
Yes. Of course I meant after changing the context, without changing the
examples. That's why it could be an improvement to make the examples
"configurable" as well. Just a thought, don't hit me for that! ;-)

> Yes, some customers have changed this since 1.6
I'm happy to here that. Do you know whether they wanted to change it to
a value specific to their environment or also to a more generic one,
like services?

What do other users think about this? Would it make sense to use a less
specific default value than soap? Maybe services?

Regards,
   Eric