Posted to server-dev@james.apache.org by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com> on 2015/01/29 18:52:21 UTC

Listener registered to a mailboxPath are not notified when this mailbox is renamed

Hi,

I am writing a distributed event system for the James mailbox ( so that
IDLE imap command will work in a distributed environement ). Doing this,
I am starting to write tests on top of the existing James event system
and I notice this point :

Listener per mailbox registration is not updated upon MailboxRenamed events.

This implies that listeners do not receive any events after a
mailboxRenamed event (not even this event).

To solve this, we must trigger MailboxRenamed events in the event loop,
and :

- explicitly check from field with these kind of events, and notify clients

- I do not know if we should still be connected in IDLE after a mailbox
rename... rfc2177 is  not clear about that,so I don't know if it makes
sens to change the path listener are listening on (move listeners
listening to the old path to the new path ).

But I really think they should be notified about the mailboxRenamed event.

What do you think of it?

Re: Listener registered to a mailboxPath are not notified when this mailbox is renamed

Posted by Benoit Tellier <bt...@linagora.com>.
Sorry that's me, I get confused after a (long) day of work...

Sorry for the noise...