Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Eric Daugherty <er...@ericdaugherty.com> on 2003/02/13 20:45:47 UTC

Reactor Issue

I am having an issue using reactor to process my sub-projects.

When I setup a goal that ends up calling reactor twice, the second call
to rector can not find default tasks.

For example, if I define the following pre-goals:

    <preGoal name="xdoc:generate-from-pom">

        <maven:reactor
            basedir="${maven.src.dir}/subprojects"
            includes="*/project.xml"
            goals="xdoc:generate-from-pom"
            banner="Generating XDocs"
            ignoreFailures="false"
            />

    </preGoal>

    <preGoal name="xdoc:transform">

        <maven:reactor
            basedir="${maven.src.dir}/subprojects"
            includes="*/project.xml"
            goals="xdoc:transform"
            banner="Transforming XDocs"
            ignoreFailures="false"
            />

    </preGoal>

and then I execute maven xdoc, the first pre-goal (xdoc:
generate-from-pom) works fine, but the second one runs and complains
that it can't find the xdoc:transform task.  When I comment out the
first preGoal, the second one works fine.

This also happens when I define a goal that has a "prereqs" that uses
reactor, and then the goal itself uses reactor.

However, when I define a single goal that makes 2 calls to reactor, it
works fine.

I already created a workaround for the prereqs issue I had, and a
workaround for this issue is not difficult either.  However, this does
seem like a bug to me.

Windows XP, Beta 8 release, JDK 1.4.0

Thoughts?

Eric Daugherty