Posted to solr-user@lucene.apache.org by Chris Hostetter <ho...@fucit.org> on 2009/01/01 05:08:30 UTC

Re: incremental update

: Is it possible to incrementally index given document? Meaning, I would
: like to index filed with large size separate request so that even if it
: fails I would have basic document indexed.

if i'm understanding your question, you mean you want to be able to send
seperate requests to index various pieces of a single document so if later
pieces fail, the first pieces are still indexed ... correct?

there's nothing like that in Solr .. SOlr will abort if any failure
happens when adding a document.

-Hoss