Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by "Leucht, Axel" <Ax...@prodv.de> on 2004/06/17 13:39:07 UTC

Cluster not working properly

Hi,

I'm having a problem with replicating session information in my clustered webapp. Let me first introduce my scenario:

I have two TC instances 4.1.18 running on two different machines. On one of them I also have an Apache front end for the two TC and let mod_jk balance the load between them. I also have the InMemoryReplicationManager (tomcat-replication.jar> from Filip Hanik for T4.

Then I tested it with the SessionExample in the example-Context and it worked great.  Whenever i add something into the session I can see in the console that the data gets replicated on both TC instances. Therefore one TC instance can fail and the application still keeps on working.

Then I inserted the SessionExample into my own Context to test the replication mechanism in that context as well and adjusted the Context definition for my webapp on both TC instances accordingly Unfortunatelythe replication no longer works.. But the session info never gets replicated on the other TC instance. The only thing I'm currently seesing is Caught 'java.lang.NullPointerException' closing channel in the console.

Does anybody have an clues as to what is wrong here?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen
A. Leucht

Axel Leucht              Phone: +49-231-9792-251
PRO DV Software AG       FAX: +49-231-9792-200
Hauert 6                 mailto:Axel.Leucht@prodv.de
44227 Dortmund           http://www.prodv.de