Posted to dev@celix.apache.org by Sascha Zelzer <s....@dkfz-heidelberg.de> on 2011/03/19 09:42:30 UTC

Native OSGi solutions

Hi Celix Team,

I followed your Apache incubation process with great interest and like
the approach you are taking for bringing OSGi to embedded/native platforms.

I also found your EclipseCon abstract at
http://www.eclipsecon.org/2011/sessions/?page=sessions&id=2281 and
thought I will let you know that there are actually at least two other
native approaches for implementing OSGi-like frameworks:

- SOF: http://www.codeproject.com/KB/library/SOF_.aspx

and

- CTK PluginFramework:
http://www.commontk.org/index.php/Documentation/CTK_Plugin_Framework:_Introduction

I am not very familiar with SOF, but I am the main developer of the
second one. We already have a couple of OSGi specs implemented
(Configuration Admin, MetaType, Event Admin, Log Service,...) and Remote
Services is on top of the todo list. I'm looking forward to your
progress and maybe achieve some kind of interoperability between Celix
and CTK in the future!

Best regards,

Sascha