Posted to users@spamassassin.apache.org by Matt Yackley <sa...@yackley.org> on 2005/05/19 06:37:17 UTC

Re: Simple question TRUE or FALSE (More data to answer this question)

Hi David,
A few quick tips to help performance...

David Velásquez Restrepo said:
SNIP

>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/bigevil.cf
Do not, I repeat do not use this file, it grew way to big.  This type of test is
better handled by SURBL.

>         http://mywebpages.comcast.net/mkettler/sa/antidrug.cf
If you are running => SA 3.0.0 antidrug is builtin to SA

>         http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/sa-blacklist.current
>         http://www.stearns.org/sa-blacklist/sa-blacklist.current.uri.cf
Might want to drop these as well in favor of SURBL tests, at least the uri version.

>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/99_sare_fraud_post25x.cf
>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/99_sare_fraud_pre25x.cf
Depending on your SA version run only one of the above rulesets.

>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/72_sare_bml_post25x.cf
>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/71_sare_bml_pre25x.cf
Depending on your SA version run only one of the above rulesets.

>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/71_sare_redirect_pre3.0.0.cf
>         http://www.rulesemporium.com/rules/72_sare_redirect_post3.0.0.cf
Depending on your SA version run only one of the above rulesets.

SNIP

Are you running a caching DNS server?  A caching nameserver will help quite a bit
with the net tests.

> So, here it goes again the "simple", but not short, question:
> Q) With spamassassin (and all the above info) you need about 20 to 30
> seconds per email message and LOTS of RAM and CPU:
>     a) TRUE
>     b) FALSE

Correct the above items and see how it runs after the changes.

Cheers,

matt