Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Douglas L Stewart <do...@pobox.com> on 2002/09/23 18:31:02 UTC

JNDIRealm and 4.1.10 with iPlanet

I'm using Tomcat 4.1.10 trying to authenticate against iPlanet
Directory Server 5.0.

I've created a Realm inside of the Engine declaration:

      <Realm className="org.apache.catalina.realm.JNDIRealm"
debug="999"
                connectionName="cn=Directory Manager"
                connectionPassword="mypassword"
                connectionURL="ldap://192.168.90.120:11592"
                roleBase="dc=my-company,dc=com"
                roleName="uid"
                roleSearch="(uid={0})"
                roleSubtree="false"
                userPassword="userPassword"
                userPattern="uid={0}, ou=People, dc=my-company,
dc=com"
      />

I'm getting this in the log when I start Tomcat:

2002-09-23 11:09:49 JNDIRealm[Standalone]: Connecting to URL
ldap://192.168.90.120:11592

According to the documentation putting the Realm declaration in the
Engine section should make it used globally, but when I try to view
some of my servlets I see nothing in the log and I'm not prompted for
a login, it just shows the page.

What am I missing?

Re: using servlet as index documentation

Posted by Jacob Kjome <ho...@visi.com>.
Hello Douglas,

Well, you should be able to provide a servlet-mapping.

Try this....

<servlet>
        <servlet-name>MyIndexPage</servlet-name>
        <servlet-class>com.mycompany.MyDefaultServlet</servlet-class>
</servlet>
<servlet-mapping>
        <servlet-name>MyIndexPage</servlet-name>
        <url-pattern>/index.html</url-pattern>
</servlet-mapping>

<welcome-file-list>
        <welcome-file>index.html</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.htm</welcome-file>
        <welcome-file>index.jsp</welcome-file>
</welcome-file-list>

Jake

Tuesday, September 24, 2002, 9:56:49 AM, you wrote:

DLS> I saw that you cannot add a servlet as a welcome-file.  I've seen
DLS> suggestions to use an HTML page or a JSP to redirect to a servlet
DLS> (doing this currently), but is it possible to use a servlet to be your
DLS> opening page?

DLS> I tried using / as url-pattern, but it would redirect all URL's to the
DLS> servlet.  I tried ^/$ and that didn't work either.

DLS> Any ideas?

DLS> ---
DLS> Douglas L Stewart
DLS> douglas@pobox.com

DLS> --

Best regards,

using servlet as index documentation

Re: JNDIRealm and 4.1.10 with iPlanet

Posted by Douglas L Stewart <do...@pobox.com>.
This was exactly my problem.  I had not seen that I needed to do this
while reviewing the documentation.  With this help I was able to get
everything working.

It looks like LDAP dynamic groups aren't currently supported by
Tomcat.  Does anyone have information that conflicts this?  I ended up
using a static group.

Posted by Jonathan Eric Miller <je...@uchicago.edu>.