Posted to dev@openwhisk.apache.org by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com> on 2022/12/11 18:50:48 UTC

New GitHun actions

Hello all,

I delivered my port of the travis build to GitHub actions.

A few notes.

I changed the upload of the logs to an S3 bucket, as the current bluemix box does not look to be anyomore available.
I also added a nice browser to be able to read the logs from the web.

I wonder if anyone can provide a public bucket S3 (or S3 compatible) to upload the build log for inspection.

I also added an "on demand" build so you can run the logs and also enable NGROK on it for inspection if test fails.

If you merge the build, anyone can use it on its fork providing its own secrets. They are all listed in the .github/workflows/README.md

Someone with the power to do that should also add the secrets for the S3 upload and slack notification in the main repo after merging.

If you need to contact me, ping me on slack I am happy to help with the merge.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Re: New GitHun actions

Posted by Michele Sciabarra <mi...@sciabarra.com>.
I finally was able to pass all the tests agains 1.0.0.

I choose to test 1.0.0 because of course that one have to be stable, as the master is currently broken.

I think it is safe to merge my PR #5361 now.

I am using the same secrets should be already there for AWS

For notifications on slack we need to create or update a secret named SLACK_WEBHOOK using the new procedure:

- create a slak app
- create a incoming webhook for the slack app

there is no need to use a function or something else.

--
  Michele Sciabarra
  michele@sciabarra.com

Re: New GitHun actions