Posted to dev@roller.apache.org by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com> on 2006/11/01 01:43:30 UTC

Re: RC5 -- Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller (incubating) 3.0

On 10/30/06, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Apache Roller (incubating) RC5 is now available.
> (the lastmodified bug has been fixed)
>
> - The code has been in production at a number of sites now for over a month
> - It's been tested with MySQL, Derby and PostgreSQL.
> - The what's new page is here:
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Roller_3.0_WhatsNew
> - We've fixed lots of bugs in the RC, the RC test/fix page is here:
> http://rollerweblogger.org/wiki/Wiki.jsp?page=Roller30Testing
>
> We have two +1 votes from committers (not counting mine):
>    +1 Matt
>    +1 Allen
>
> One more +1 from a committer and I'll plead for votes from the Incubator PMC.

Apologies for the lateness of this.

Changing the README.txt would be nice. It points me off to a wiki page
that sends me to another page that sends me to a pdf online that is
sitting in text, html and pdf form in the distribution.

The install guide suggests that the default is
~/roller_data/roller-index. This is wrong, it looks like it once was
~/roller-index, but now it's ~/roller_data/search-index.

The install guide has an error in the upgrade appendix telling you to
run the 2.1 to 2.3 then the 2.4 to 3.0 migration scripts. ie) it
should be 2.3->2.4 instead of 2.1->2.3.

The scripts ran fine for me on Postgres.

Roller starts fine and it tells me I have to nominate a blog to be the
frontpage for the site. This wasn't mentioned in the upgrade notes (it
is on the whats new page), so was a surprise. Where's my pretty planet
thing gone me-thought [I know...I don't pay enough attention]?

Otherwise, things look good. The new urls works, the redirects work
and the rendering.legacyModels seems to be working (least nothing is
breaking).

So +1 to the release (with a couple of doc fixes suggested above).

I'm going to want to know how to put my front page bit back :) I'm a
bit suspicious that I'm not going to be able to maintain the old
legacyModel and get the new version of the front page.

Hen

Re: RC5 -- Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller (incubating) 3.0

Posted by Henri Yandell <fl...@gmail.com>.
On 11/1/06, Dave <sn...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Looks like we've got the Incubator PMC votes we need to make the release (w00t!)
>
> +1 Davanum Srinivas
> +1 Henri Yandell
> +1 Jim Jagielski
>
> I'm going to spin one final RC to include Henri's doc fixes, then put
> together some PR material for the release and figure out how to
> release the final bits.

I'm happy for the doc fixes to be considered trivial and not need a
new RC. Your call.

Hen

Re: RC5 -- Re: VOTE: Release Apache Roller (incubating) 3.0

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.
Looks like we've got the Incubator PMC votes we need to make the release (w00t!)

+1 Davanum Srinivas
+1 Henri Yandell
+1 Jim Jagielski

I'm going to spin one final RC to include Henri's doc fixes, then put
together some PR material for the release and figure out how to
release the final bits.

- Dave

Posted by Dave <sn...@gmail.com>.