Posted to general@jakarta.apache.org by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com> on 2006/08/19 09:30:57 UTC

Activity

Torsten's emails got me wondering what our activity was looking like this
year per project.

Mail: (Aug 19 data)

(includes commits, wiki, jira, bugzilla noise)

9486 - jakarta-commons-dev
3140 - jakarta-jmeter-user
2459 - jakarta-commons-user
1788 - jakarta-jmeter-dev
1512 - jakarta-httpclient-dev
1082 - jakarta-httpclient-user
901 - jakarta-poi-user
868 - jakarta-general
802 - jakarta-velocity-user
739 - jakarta-poi-dev
672 - jakarta-velocity-dev
580 - jakarta-slide-user
355 - jakarta-turbine-user
308 - jakarta-jcs-users
288 - jakarta-httpclient-commits
271 - jakarta-turbine-dev
248 - jakarta-slide-dev
230 - jakarta-bcel-dev
218 - jakarta-taglibs-user
207 - jakarta-jcs-dev
192 - jakarta-cactus-dev
145 - jakarta-site-cvs
125 - jakarta-taglibs-dev
86 - jakarta-bsf-dev
77 - jakarta-bcel-user
44 - jakarta-regexp-dev
30 - jakarta-bsf-user
19 - jakarta-announcements
18 - jakarta-oro-user
16 - jakarta-oro-dev
6 - jakarta-ecs-user
5 - jakarta-ecs-dev
3 - jakarta-regexp-user
2 - jakarta-alexandria-dev
1 - jakarta-turbine-tdk-dev

SVN (Aug 11 data)

2273 - commons
747 - jmeter
282 - httpcomponents
159 - poi
129 - site
121 - jcs
85 - velocity
69 - bcel
58 - turbine
31 - cactus
19 - bsf
13 - taglibs
10 - slide
6 - oro
4 - regexp
2 - ecs

Who knew that JMeter was far and away our second most active project? :)
And what an active user list it has. Less so on the committer side, 99% of
the commits come from the same person.

Cactus-user doesn't show up because its archives are broken on
mail-archives. Nothing since 2003.

Hen

Re: Activity

Posted by Henri Yandell <ba...@generationjava.com>.

On Sat, 19 Aug 2006, Martin van den Bemt wrote:

>> SVN (Aug 11 data)
>>
>> 2273 - commons
>> 747 - jmeter
>> 282 - httpcomponents
>> 159 - poi
>> 129 - site
>> 121 - jcs
>> 85 - velocity
>> 69 - bcel
>> 58 - turbine
>> 31 - cactus
>> 19 - bsf
>> 13 - taglibs
>> 10 - slide
>> 6 - oro
>> 4 - regexp
>> 2 - ecs
>>

>> Who knew that JMeter was far and away our second most active project? :)
>> And what an active user list it has. Less so on the committer side, 99% of
>> the commits come from the same person.
>
> Are these numbers from the list or from svn itself ? Wiki changes are also
> sent to the commit lists most of the time.

SVN itself. I do an svn log on the Jakarta directory (not as slow as you'd
think) and I've got a script that screen scrapes the mail-archives
summaries for Jakarta pages.

>> Cactus-user doesn't show up because its archives are broken on
>> mail-archives. Nothing since 2003.
>
> I'll add an infrastructure issues tomorrow :)

Thanks :)

Hen

Re: Activity

Posted by Martin van den Bemt <ml...@mvdb.net>.

> SVN (Aug 11 data)
>
> 2273 - commons
> 747 - jmeter
> 282 - httpcomponents
> 159 - poi
> 129 - site
> 121 - jcs
> 85 - velocity
> 69 - bcel
> 58 - turbine
> 31 - cactus
> 19 - bsf
> 13 - taglibs
> 10 - slide
> 6 - oro
> 4 - regexp
> 2 - ecs
>

> Who knew that JMeter was far and away our second most active project? :)
> And what an active user list it has. Less so on the committer side, 99%
> of the commits come from the same person.

Are these numbers from the list or from svn itself ? Wiki changes are also sent to the commit lists
most of the time.

> Cactus-user doesn't show up because its archives are broken on
> mail-archives. Nothing since 2003.

I'll add an infrastructure issues tomorrow :)

Mvgr,
Martin

Re: Activity

Posted by Felipe Leme <fe...@gmail.com>.
Henri Yandell wrote:

> Mail: (Aug 19 data)

> 192 - jakarta-cactus-dev

> Cactus-user doesn't show up because its archives are broken on
> mail-archives. Nothing since 2003.

Cactus user has had more activity than the cactus-dev, which get most of
  its message from Gump notifications (for instance, I've just checked
my mailbox and 136 Gump messages were sent in the last 3 months).

Anyway, I'm owing a reply to the general list regaring the testing TLP -
I will talk more about Cactus status once I send that reply...

[]s,

-- Felipe

Re: Activity

Posted by Felipe Leme <fe...@gmail.com>.