Posted to users@maven.apache.org by Ben Tatham <be...@nanometrics.ca> on 2007/01/16 15:36:24 UTC

WAR Project Inheritance

Hi,
A long time ago, this question was posted, but I can't find the answer
(if there was one?)

My primary goal is to create a WAR (don't need an EAR) that depends on
another WAR project...essentially extending that original project.  I
want to include all the JSPs, etc from the parent WAR.  Unfortunately,
WAR dependencies don't get copied into the /target.

Any ideas on how to extend a WAR project with another WAR project.  To
get the java classes, I've been making a special assembly with a -jar
classified and depending on that...but I don't know how to get the
JSPs.  I guess I could do the same thing with a -jsp classifier, but
there must be a more elegant way.  Why can't you depend on a WAR?  Arghh...

The old reference:
http://mail-archives.apache.org/mod_mbox/maven-users/200511.mbox/%3C4367B094.9000009@kgalligan.com%3E

-Ben