Posted to users@activemq.apache.org by Benoitx <be...@yahoo.com> on 2008/05/13 12:45:54 UTC

Re: Network of Brokers - Broker A talking to Broker B

Has anyone found a solution to this?

I've just upgraded from ActiveMQ 4.1.1 to 5.1.0 and suddenly all my network
of brokers keep the messages in the local queues!  I think it is an issue
related to the first broker not forwarding messages to the second broker. We
have an old 4.1.1 broker part of the network and it is the only one that is
able to forward to BrokerB...

I have checked the documentation...
http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html

BrokerA:
<networkConnectors>
    <networkConnector name="objectlab-esb-client-to-esb-server-client1"
uri="static://(tcp://localhost:27000)" dynamicOnly="true"
conduitSubscriptions="true"
 decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
	<excludedDestinations>
	    <queue physicalName="*" />
	    <queue physicalName=">" />
	    <topic physicalName="*" />
	    <topic physicalName=">" />
	</excludedDestinations>
	<dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
	    <queue physicalName="queue.client1.from" />
	</dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
    </networkConnector>
</networkConnectors>

and BrokerB (where the consumers are)
<transportConnectors>
	<transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:27000" />
</transportConnectors>

The messages stay in the queue "queue.client1.from" in BrokerA...

If BrokerA runs activeMQ 4.1.1 it all works ok...

What am I doing wrong?

Thanks a lot
Benoit
http://www.Appendium.com

Posted by Benoitx <be...@yahoo.com>.
I meant between 4.1.1 and 5.1.0...

As you can see, we've changed 2 versions at the same time... (ActiveMQ and
Mule)... never a good idea...

Benoit

Benoitx wrote:

> Hi Hiram,
>
> It seems that between 1.4.3 and 1.4.4 the exclude queues is not very
> strict...
>
> See this post:
>
> http://www.nabble.com/5.1.0-Network-Brokers%3A-changes-since-4.1.1--to17206477s2354.html#a17206477
>
> Thanks for your reply
>
> Benoit.
>

> Hiram Chirino wrote:
>>
>> are all the brokers the same version or are you mixing them?
>>
>> On Tue, May 13, 2008 at 6:45 AM, Benoitx <be...@yahoo.com> wrote:
>>>
>>> Has anyone found a solution to this?
>>>
>>> I've just upgraded from ActiveMQ 4.1.1 to 5.1.0 and suddenly all my
>>> network
>>> of brokers keep the messages in the local queues!  I think it is an
>>> issue
>>> related to the first broker not forwarding messages to the second
>>> broker. We
>>> have an old 4.1.1 broker part of the network and it is the only one that
>>> is
>>> able to forward to BrokerB...
>>>
>>> I have checked the documentation...
>>> http://activemq.apache.org/networks-of-brokers.html
>>>
>>> BrokerA:
>>> <networkConnectors>
>>>    <networkConnector name="objectlab-esb-client-to-esb-server-client1"
>>> uri="static://(tcp://localhost:27000)" dynamicOnly="true"
>>> conduitSubscriptions="true"
>>>  decreaseNetworkConsumerPriority="false">
>>>        <excludedDestinations>
>>>            <queue physicalName="*" />
>>>            <queue physicalName=">" />
>>>            <topic physicalName="*" />
>>>            <topic physicalName=">" />
>>>        </excludedDestinations>
>>>        <dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>>>            <queue physicalName="queue.client1.from" />
>>>        </dynamicallyIncludedDestinations>
>>>    </networkConnector>
>>> </networkConnectors>
>>>
>>> and BrokerB (where the consumers are)
>>> <transportConnectors>
>>>        <transportConnector uri="tcp://localhost:27000" />
>>> </transportConnectors>
>>>
>>> The messages stay in the queue "queue.client1.from" in BrokerA...
>>>
>>> If BrokerA runs activeMQ 4.1.1 it all works ok...
>>>
>>> What am I doing wrong?
>>>
>>> Thanks a lot
>>> Benoit
>>> http://www.Appendium.com

>>> --
>>>

>> --
>> Regards,
>> Hiram
>>
>> Blog: http://hiramchirino.com
>>
>> Open Source SOA
>> http://open.iona.com

-----
Thanks & Regards,

Benoit

http://www.Appendium.com   http://objectlab.blogspot.com

Re: Network of Brokers - Broker A talking to Broker B

Posted by Benoitx <be...@yahoo.com>.
Hi Hiram,

-----

Posted by Hiram Chirino <hi...@hiramchirino.com>.
> [...]

>>     <networkConnectors>
>>       <networkConnector name="outToBrokerB"
>> uri="static://(tcp://localhost:9991)" dynamicOnly="true" networkTTL="5" />
>>     </networkConnectors>
>>
>> So, I have a producer publishing messages to brokerA and then I'm trying
>> to forward those messages to broker B. BrokerB has the following config:
>>
>> <broker brokerName="brokerB" ....
>>     <transportConnectors>
>>        <transportConnector name="inFromBrokerA" uri="tcp://localhost:9991"
>> />
>>          <transportConnector name="inFromConsumer" uri="tcp://localhost:9992"
>> />
>>     </transportConnectors>
>>
>> On BrokerB I have a consumer connected to port:9992 and no
>> networkConnectors.
>>
>> I can't receive messages through BrokerA. If I send messages directly to
>> BrokerB then my consumer receives the messages.

Hiram

Blog: http://hiramchirino.com

Open Source SOA
http://open.iona.com