Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Andreas Probst <an...@gmx.net> on 2002/08/10 18:23:02 UTC

Slide and Authentication

Hi all,

I would like to use Slide together with another web-app. The other web-app does
already the authentiction. Is it possible to use a kind of single-sign-on with Slide?

I hope you understand what I mean. The problem is, I still don't really know how I
can make use of Slide. I would like to implement a document management system for the
other web-app. What do I have to do then? Can I use Slide as-is or do I have to
change it or use the API to develop own servlets? Any pointers would be greatly
appreciated.

Thanks.

Andreas

Re: Slide and Authentication

Posted by Stephan Michels <st...@apache.org>.

On Sat, 10 Aug 2002, Andreas Probst wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I would like to use Slide together with another web-app. The other web-app does
> already the authentiction. Is it possible to use a kind of single-sign-on with Slide?

How do you make the authentification? Via a Tomcat Realm?

> I hope you understand what I mean. The problem is, I still don't really know how I
> can make use of Slide. I would like to implement a document management system for the
> other web-app. What do I have to do then? Can I use Slide as-is or do I have to
> change it or use the API to develop own servlets? Any pointers would be greatly
> appreciated.

It is possible to run Slide WebDAV Servlet and a other Servlet in the same
Webapp. I have this already tested. It is also possible take the same
authentification method.

Stephan Michels.