Posted to dev@hbase.apache.org by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org> on 2018/01/25 02:45:00 UTC

[VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.1 release candidate (RC0) is available

The first HBase 1.4.1 release candidate (RC0) is available for download at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.1RC0/ and Maven
artifacts are available in the temporary repository
https://repository.apache.org/content/repositories/orgapachehbase-1194 .

The git tag corresponding to the candidate is '1.4.1RC0' (4b25debc83).

A detailed source and binary compatibility report for this release is
available for your review at
https://dist.apache.org/repos/dist/dev/hbase/hbase-1.4.1RC0/compat-check-report.html
.

A list of the 38 issues resolved in this release can be found at
https://s.apache.org/tx1w .

Please try out the candidate and vote +1/0/-1.

This vote will be open for at least 72 hours. Unless objection I will try
to close it Friday February 2, 2018 if we have sufficient votes.

Prior to making this announcement I made the following preflight checks:

   - RAT check passes (7u80)
   - Unit test suite passes 10 of 10 iterations (8u131)
   - LTT load 1M rows with 100% verification and 20% updates (8u131)
   - PE sequentialWrite, sequentialRead, randomWrite, randomRead,
   scanRange100 (8u131)

--
Best regards,
Andrew

decrepit hands
   - A23, Crosstalk

Re: [VOTE] The first HBase 1.4.1 release candidate (RC0) is available

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
For those interested, this is getting addressed as part of
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HBASE-19663.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Ted Yu <yu...@gmail.com>.
+1

Ran test suite with Java 1.8 - passed
Checked signature
Ran LTT with 1M row - passed
Checked basic WebUI
Exercised shell commands

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
-0 (non-binding)

Posted by Yu Li <ca...@gmail.com>.
+1

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@cloudera.com>.

Posted by Andrew Purtell <an...@gmail.com>.
Are the integration test failures from when it runs in localhost mode? I think these are long term test issues present since 1.3. Or, is this new in 1.4.1? If these also have the same result with 1.4.0, indicating no new regression, would you consider changing your vote?

Posted by Peter Somogyi <ps...@cloudera.com>.
0

Posted by Yung-An He <ma...@gmail.com>.
I made a mistake, the MD5 is the same.
I am so sorry!

Posted by Yung-An He <ma...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Yung-An He <ma...@gmail.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Artem Ervits <ar...@gmail.com>.
+1 (non-binding)

Posted by rahul gidwani <ra...@gmail.com>.
+ 1 (non-binding)

Posted by Zach York <zy...@gmail.com>.
Considering the site issue isn't a sinkable offense I'm changing my vote to
a +1.

Posted by Umesh Agashe <ua...@cloudera.com>.
+1 non-binding

Posted by Andrew Purtell <ap...@apache.org>.