Posted to soap-user@ws.apache.org by Cory Foy <Fo...@hillsboroughcounty.org> on 2003/10/29 15:38:25 UTC

Re: Consuming a webservice from a shell script

Hello,

What you would need to do is write a java client that accepts command line-parameters. Check out the following URLs for more information on writing RPC and Message based clients using SOAP:

http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/guide/rpcclient.html

http://ws.apache.org/soap/docs/guide/msgclient.html

Be sure to take a look at the requirements to use Apache SOAP.

Using the above guides we have created several standalone clients that are accessing web services using both RPC and message.

Cory

>>> shahvi@yahoo.com 10/29/03 09:29AM >>>
Hi,

Does anyone come across following scenario ?

I'm planning to call a web service while processing a shell script on unix. Is it possible ? What is needed to accomplish the "unit of work" that spans outside of the shell script ?
Any pointers ?

Thanks