Posted to dev@couchdb.apache.org by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com> on 2014/09/01 10:16:19 UTC

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

From: Jan Lehnardt (mailto:jan@apache.org)
Reply: dev@couchdb.apache.org >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Date: 31. August 2014 at 21:43:50
To: dev@couchdb.apache.org Developers >(mailto:dev@couchdb.apache.org)
Subject: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

> Heya,
>
> I’ve made Mac binaries for the ongoing 1.6.1 vote:
>
> http://people.apache.org/~jan/dist/packages/mac/1.6.1/
>
> Testing as usual:
>
> - Download
> - Test signatures
> - Double click to unzip
> - Double click to start (make sure no other couch is running on port 5984)
> - Futon should open up in your browser. Navigate to “Verify Installation”, and then verify your installation.
>
> Do report the results :)
>
> Note: This is baed on a completely new build process that is dependent on Homebrew. This will make it possible for anyone to make binaries, and we will even be able to make binaries as part of the CI setup, so we can get test binaries for every commit. This should get users testing bugfixes early on! :)
>
> I’ll write it all up and link it when I’ve got it all together.

+1 sig, sha, md5, verify relaxation.

LGTM Jan, thanks.

wrt to build process, there are some thing we could prune out, like libtool, aclocal & friends in ./Contents/Resources/couchdbx-core/share/ looking

I also tested homebrew before leaving, I’ll send a PR through for that when the release is announced.

—
Dave Cottlehuber
dch@jsonified.com
Sent from my Couch

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Sebastian Rothbucher <se...@googlemail.com>.
Hi Nick,

setup-couchdb-1.6.1_R16B02.exe on Win 7 x64 looks great: all three
signatures/checksums OK, setup OK, verify OK; and my stuff still works ;-)

Thanks!
     Sebastian

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Also seems to be working well on Windows Server 2008 R2, for those who use
that version.

Nick

Re: [TEST] Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Garren Smith <ga...@apache.org>.
+1 the verify installation works for me on both Fauxton and Futon.

Re: [TEST] 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Andy Wenk <an...@apache.org>.
Sigs correct, verify installation ok

+1

Thanks a lot Dave :)

Cheers

Andy

--
Andy Wenk
Hamburg - Germany

Re: [TEST] 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Jan Lehnardt <ja...@apache.org>.

[TEST] Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.
Windows binaries are now in the release location.

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Dave Cottlehuber <dc...@jsonified.com>.

Re: 1.6.1-rc4 binaries

Posted by Nick North <no...@gmail.com>.