Posted to users@solr.apache.org by Subhajit Das <Su...@live.com> on 2021/03/25 10:19:27 UTC

Ulimit on Kubernetes/Openshift

Hi,

We are using Kubernetes and Openshift (based on environment) on top of VMs, for running Solr (Cloud) instances.

The guide: https://solr.apache.org/guide/8_8/taking-solr-to-production.html#ulimit-settings-nix-operating-systems
States that we have to set ulimits to high value/unlimited for few parameters.

From, tests we did, we found that we have different values inside running pods and the VMs running the pods.
For example, say the open files value is 1000 in VMs, while the pod has 100000.

POD internal values satisfies the minimum requirement stated in the guide.
So, should this be ok? Or, we have to think of changing the values at VM level?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
Subhajit