Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Paul Foxworthy <pa...@cohsoft.com.au> on 2016/11/15 03:34:14 UTC

Atlassian shutting down fisheye servers

Hi all,

Atlassian are closing down their free Fisheye servers for open source
projects:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/fisheye/fisheyex-atlassian-com-instances-shutdown-announcement-859478562.html

I think this is very sad. Fisheye is an amazing product for browsing and
searching the codebase and revision history, and I think providing a
fisheye server for OFBiz and other Apache projects was a great ad for
Fisheye.

Atlassian continue to offer a free licence for Fisheye for open source
projects, hosted on the project's server, not Atlassian's.

Do other OFBiz participants use Fisheye? Should we approach ASF infra and
ask if they could host a Fisheye server?

Thanks

Paul Foxworthy

Re: Atlassian shutting down fisheye servers

Posted by Jacques Le Roux <ja...@les7arts.com>.
Hi Paul,

I used Fisheye from time to time, but it was often late as it was proposed by Atlassian. So I'm rather simply using Viewvc which I found most of the
time enough for my need http://svn.apache.org/viewvc/ofbiz/

I'd not be against asking the infra team for a replacement. I think the best place to ask would be users@infra.apache.org rather than
https://issues.apache.org/jira/servicedesk/customer/portal/1/create/3 because it would generate more views

Thanks

Jacques

Le 15/11/2016 � 04:34, Paul Foxworthy a �crit :