Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by "Linden H van der (MI)" <H....@MI.unimaas.nl> on 2005/05/12 13:41:07 UTC

Cocoon documentation (was: RE: Community health)

As explained in a private mail to Sebastien, I've taken up the http://www.cocoondev.org/handbook site that Steven graciously set up for me. I intend to work on the "mid-level" tutorial that was the initial goal for the Cocoon In Action project.
Doing it in Daisy is much easier for me, since it gives me quick access to an editable environment. When it amounts to something useful, I'll happily cooperate in transferring it into the "official docs".

Anyone willing to contribute is welcome, but simple peeks are fine too.

Bye, Helma

Re: Cocoon documentation (was: RE: Community health)

Posted by Ross Gardler <rg...@apache.org>.
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
> As explained in a private mail to Sebastien, I've taken up the http://www.cocoondev.org/handbook site that Steven graciously set up for me. I intend to work on the "mid-level" tutorial that was the initial goal for the Cocoon In Action project.
> Doing it in Daisy is much easier for me, since it gives me quick access to an editable environment. When it amounts to something useful, I'll happily cooperate in transferring it into the "official docs".

The Daisy plugin for Forrest is working (to a point). Images do not
currently work, but someone will get the itch sooner or later.

This means that the pages of this handbook can be included in the
official Cocoon documentation by simply adding links in the existing
site definition. It will be included with the Cocoon skin and navigation
and therefore the integration is seemless.

This plugin is curently in whiteboard and is yet to be rigourously
tested, if you want to see how it works and include any sections of this
handbook let me know, I'll do the necessary for you.

Ross

Re: Cocoon documentation (was: RE: Community health)

Posted by Steven Noels <st...@outerthought.org>.
On 12 May 2005, at 14:01, Sylvain Wallez wrote:

> Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
>
>> As explained in a private mail to Sebastien, I've taken up the
>> http://www.cocoondev.org/handbook site that Steven graciously set up
>> for me. I intend to work on the "mid-level" tutorial that was the
>> initial goal for the Cocoon In Action project. Doing it in Daisy is
>> much easier for me, since it gives me quick access to an editable
>> environment. When it amounts to something useful, I'll happily
>> cooperate in transferring it into the "official docs".
>> Anyone willing to contribute is welcome, but simple peeks are fine
>> too.
>>

> How can one have write access to this to directly provide content
> rather than sending patches?

Register on the cocoondev.org website and LMK.

Ditto for cocoongt.org as of 5 minutes ago, BTW.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

Re: Cocoon documentation (was: RE: Community health)

Posted by Sylvain Wallez <sy...@apache.org>.
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:

>As explained in a private mail to Sebastien, I've taken up the http://www.cocoondev.org/handbook site that Steven graciously set up for me. I intend to work on the "mid-level" tutorial that was the initial goal for the Cocoon In Action project.
>Doing it in Daisy is much easier for me, since it gives me quick access to an editable environment. When it amounts to something useful, I'll happily cooperate in transferring it into the "official docs".
>
>Anyone willing to contribute is welcome, but simple peeks are fine too.

How can one have write access to this to directly provide content rather
than sending patches?

Sylvain

Re: Cocoon documentation (was: RE: Community health)

Posted by Stefano Mazzocchi <st...@apache.org>.
Linden H van der (MI) wrote:
> As explained in a private mail to Sebastien, I've taken up the http://www.cocoondev.org/handbook site that Steven graciously set up for me. I intend to work on the "mid-level" tutorial that was the initial goal for the Cocoon In Action project.
> Doing it in Daisy is much easier for me, since it gives me quick access to an editable environment. When it amounts to something useful, I'll happily cooperate in transferring it into the "official docs".
>
> Anyone willing to contribute is welcome, but simple peeks are fine too.
>
> Bye, Helma

Helma, you rock! That's the style we all love :-)

--
Stefano.