Posted to users@maven.apache.org by "jim.s" <ji...@cisco.com> on 2007/11/07 16:06:58 UTC

Excluding JavaDoc generation (from sub-module) when releasing project

Hello everyone,

I am using maven 2.0.7 and I have the following project layout:

project-a
    project-b
    project-c
    project-d

Project a is the parent with b, c, and d being sub-modules.

When I run a  Maven release (deploy, site-deploy) I require JavaDoc
generation from project c, but I am trying to exclude JavaDoc generation
from project-d.

I have tried the following in project-d's pom but it did not change anything
(reporting section and build section):

<plugin>
  <!-- disable reports -->
   <configuration>
     <generateReports>false</generateReports>
   </configuration>
</plugin>

Does anyone have any ideas on how I could exclude the JavaDocs from the
final project?

Thanks much,
Jim S.