Posted to slide-user@jakarta.apache.org by Roger <ox...@wanadoo.nl> on 2005/12/18 12:52:30 UTC

Webdav configuration problems?

I'm a first time user, or better a first time installer. I have a Mac
with OSX 10.4, with Tomcat 5.5. I downloaded Slide, dropped the war-
file in the webapps directory, and I could open it in my browser.
Browsing it is one thing, but if I understand it correctly, webdav is
supposed to be a replacement for ftp, and you should be able to
upload files from a remote client. On my local network (with one XP
laptop behind a router/firewall) I can access slide in my browser,
and I can access it with a webdav client (bitkinex) using an account
from my mac to login. But here I have a few problems.

First, uploading is a problem. That doesn't work. There is some
traffic, but nothing seems to be uploaded.

Second, the directories that open normally in the browser (like the
files directory), are displayed in bitkinex (on the XP machine) like
files. They don't open.

On my Mac I can create a webdav connection to the Mac itself, and
then upload files. That works, and browsing the directories is just
like in the Finder. But as this is the machine itself, it doesn't
count for me, and I'm not sure if this means that everything works.
Furthermore, I wonder where the files go? Is there a good manual
online somewhere where this all is explained a bit more? I find the
information on the Slide pages not very informative, but maybe I'm
not looking at the right place. I haven't really configured Slide, to
be clear!

Regards,

Roger