Posted to dev@subversion.apache.org by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu> on 2002/06/24 08:40:37 UTC

Re: svn commit: rev 2320 - branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/util

cmpilato@tigris.org wrote:

>Author: cmpilato
>Date: Mon, 24 Jun 2002 03:11:54 -0500
>New Revision: 2320
>
>Modified:
>   branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/fs.h
>   branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/reps-strings.c
>   branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/structure
>   branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/util/fs_skels.c
>Log:
>Add version number to "svndiff" database storage mechanism.  Idea
>gleaned from a patch by Daniel Berlin <da...@dberlin.org>.  From this
>point, Daniel's implementation of svndiff v.1 (also present in the
>patch, but not of strict interest my task at hand) can be added
>without requiring a repository dump/load cycle.  While this change
>*could* have been implemented to be backwards compatible, forthcoming
>changes to the filesystem code will not be, so a dump/load cycle will
>be required for all existing repositories anyway.  I'm considering
>this change part of Issue #745.

Oh, coolness. I meant to do this as part of activating the delta
combiner; this is even better. :-)

It does raise a small issue, though. The delta combiner integration will
touch the same part of the code -- specifically, rep_read_range() in
reps-strings.c. In light of that, it might be best to do the combiner
change on this branch, rather than on the trunk. But that might limit
your (our) artistic freedom somewhat. :-)

Thoughts?

Re: svn commit: rev 2320 - branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/util

Posted by Branko Čibej <br...@xbc.nu>.
cmpilato@collab.net wrote:

>=?UTF-8?B?QnJhbmtvIMSMaWJlag==?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:
>

>>It does raise a small issue, though. The delta combiner integration will
>>touch the same part of the code -- specifically, rep_read_range() in
>>reps-strings.c. In light of that, it might be best to do the combiner
>>change on this branch, rather than on the trunk. But that might limit
>>your (our) artistic freedom somewhat. :-)
>>
>>Thoughts?
>>

>Are you working off of a branch?  If so, I'd say just to apply this
>same diff to your branch and then integrate away.

No, I'm still trying to figure out the best way to splice the combiner
into that code. Haven't checked in any changes yet.

Re: svn commit: rev 2320 - branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs branches/issue-745-dev/subversion/libsvn_fs/util

Posted by cm...@collab.net.
=?UTF-8?B?QnJhbmtvIMSMaWJlag==?= <br...@xbc.nu> writes:

> >Add version number to "svndiff" database storage mechanism.  Idea
> >gleaned from a patch by Daniel Berlin <da...@dberlin.org>.  From this
> >point, Daniel's implementation of svndiff v.1 (also present in the
> >patch, but not of strict interest my task at hand) can be added
> >without requiring a repository dump/load cycle.  While this change
> >*could* have been implemented to be backwards compatible, forthcoming
> >changes to the filesystem code will not be, so a dump/load cycle will
> >be required for all existing repositories anyway.  I'm considering
> >this change part of Issue #745.
> >

> Oh, coolness. I meant to do this as part of activating the delta
> combiner; this is even better. :-)

Glad to be of service!