Posted to users@felix.apache.org by Larry Touve <lt...@potomacfusion.com> on 2010/04/27 23:49:16 UTC

Bundles fail to start suddenly

I've got several bundles that I've developed that have been running fine now for a couple of weeks.  I recently updated several bundles (like the WebConsole v3.0.0, and BundleRepository v1.6.0).  Now suddenly they fail to start up and they are giving me strange errors about not being able to resolve imports that are indeed there.  I had one bundle that I was updating repeatedly without a problem, but after I removed it and tried to redploy it, it fails.

Some excerpts from the Web Console display:

Simple Service Provider implementationsimple-service-bundle:

Imported Packages         javax.ejb,version=3.0 from org.glassfish.javax.ejb (127)
javax.jms from org.glassfish.javax.jms (142)
ERROR: javax.naming -- Cannot be resolved and overwritten by Boot Delegation
ERROR: org.osgi.framework,version=1.5 -- Cannot be resolved

Manifest-Headers
Import-Package: examples.services.api, examples.services.mdb, javax.ejb; version="3.0", javax.jms, javax.naming, org.osgi.framework; version="1.5"

But for another bundle that's 'Active':

Imported Packages         javax.annotation,version=1.1.0 from org.glassfish.javax.annotation (15)
javax.ejb,version=3.1.0 from org.glassfish.javax.ejb (127)
javax.jms,version=1.1.0 from org.glassfish.javax.jms (142)
org.osgi.framework,version=1.5.0 from org.apache.felix.framework (0)
org.osgi.service.cm,version=1.3.0 from org.apache.felix.configadmin (175)

Manifest-Headers
Import-Package: javax.annotation, javax.ejb, javax.jms,  org.osgi.framework; version="1.5", org.osgi.service.cm; ="1.3"

I've got other bundles that are importing javax.naming without a problem.  Has anybody seen this happen?

Thanks,
Larry

RE: Bundles fail to start suddenly

Posted by Larry Touve <lt...@potomacfusion.com>.
Turns out it was the start level.

For some reason, the start level was set to 5, and that was causing the problem.  When I reloaded the bundles and set their start level to 1, they all started up fine,

Thanks,
Larry

Posted by Karl Pauls <ka...@gmail.com>.

--