Posted to general@attic.apache.org by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr> on 2022/06/18 05:51:23 UTC

removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

I removed the flag source in xdocs, then in docs because our usual CI commands
did not expect the removal of content but only addition/modification

but it seems there is still something preventing the banner from disappearing
from Ambari site https://ambari.apache.org/

Any idea why?
Is the banner LUA code result cached, then we need to reload something by
hand?
Any other idea?

Regards,

Hervé

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
infra issue created https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/INFRA-23401

please add a comment describing your situation

Regards,

Hervé

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Hi Hervé

Posted by Hervé BOUTEMY <he...@free.fr>.
it looks that the banner finally fully disappeared from Ambari's website:
   https://ambari.apache.org/
if someone still sees the banner, please tell us
(I really don't get why/how it remained for a few days and finally disappeared)

on Wiki, GitHub and Jira, it's completely a different story from website: only
Attic banner for websites is managed by Attic (FYI through lua code from
https://svn.apache.org/viewvc/attic/site/xdocs/scripts/ )

Wiki, GitHub and Jira are managed by INFRA: the new Ambari PMC will have to
work with infra the same way you did for mailing lists to reopen every system
you need and give you write access

From Attic point of view, the work is near completed: I'm just keeping our

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.
On Sun, 19 Jun 2022 at 04:11, Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org> wrote:

> What could be that change..?

Anything that causes one or more pages to be updated.
For example you could fix the references to Google Analytics which is
no longer allowed.

> And how about removing attic banner's in wiki,github and jira..?

I already removed the Wiki marker which causes the banner to show.
Again a small change to a page (even a whitespace change) might be enough.

Anything else, you will need to contact Infra.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
What could be that change..?

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.
Yes, looks  to be it’s not caching issue even I tried out.

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by Craig Russell <ap...@gmail.com>.
I loaded the page and the banner shows. Just to be sure we're talking about:

The link refers to the live page https://attic.apache.org/projects/ambari.html <https://attic.apache.org/projects/ambari.html>

As far as I know I have never loaded the page before, so it's not a caching issue...

Craig

> On Jun 18, 2022, at 04:09, sebb <se...@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> It's controlled via a file in Puppet, viz:
>
> modules/cwiki_asf/files/attic/ambari.txt
>
> I have removed the file; it may take an hour or so to affect the display.
>
> Sebb
> On Sat, 18 Jun 2022 at 12:03, sebb <sebbaz@gmail.com <ma...@gmail.com>> wrote:
>>
>> Try clearing the browser cache or a different browser.
>>
>> However the Wiki banner is still showing for me.
>>
>> I don't remember off-hand how that works; will need to check.

>>> Just now I accessed it. Still I can see the banner.

>>> --
>>>

>>> --Brahma Reddy Battula

Craig L Russell
clr@apache.org

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.

Posted by Brahma Reddy Battula <br...@apache.org>.

--

--Brahma Reddy Battula

Re: removing the Attic banner from Ambari: help needed

Posted by sebb <se...@gmail.com>.