Posted to derby-dev@db.apache.org by scott hutinger <s-...@wiu.edu> on 2005/03/24 22:00:52 UTC

[doc] java xml jars for DITA

Only xerces gump and Saxon work for me:

What is everyone using for XML?  I have tried the xerces from ANT
(failed build), xerces 2.6.2 release (failed build), xerces gump from
23032005 (WORKS), jdk1.4.2_06 (failed build). jdk1.5.0_01 (failed)
jdk1.5.0_02 (failed), jdk1.5.0_02 and saxon (works like xerces gump),
jdk1.4.2_06 and saxon (works like xerces gump).  So saxon and xerces
gump will work without a failure during ref.  saxon spits out a few more
warnings though.

I think from the dita.xml docs that using xerces from ant is what to use
isn't it?  Is anyone using xerces?

Basically everything works correctly now with Jeffs file (using the
correct version of xerces or using saxon) and gives the correct pdf output.

scott