Posted to dev@camel.apache.org by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com> on 2018/10/06 11:12:44 UTC

JUnit5

Hi Cameleers,
I would encourage the use of JUnit5, a more advanced and modern JUnit version.

I particularly like how dynamic/parameterized tests can now be easily
incorporated into single test class, with JUnit4 one needed to have
separate test classes for parameterized and non-parameterized tests.

I've just committed one such test[1] and with JUnit Jupiter Vintage
test engine, JUnit4 tests can run side-by-side with the new JUnit5
tests.

There's also a tool to convert JUnit4 tests to JUnit5 (I haven't tested it).[2]

The project has really good documentation that goes into bit more detail[3].

zoran

[1] https://gitbox.apache.org/repos/asf?p=camel.git;a=blob;f=components/camel-swagger-java/src/test/java/org/apache/camel/swagger/RestSwaggerSupportTest.java;h=3498a8ec0a457c21325e9fa63f7be1a92078c14e;hb=a4f81d4f43d25030ed70d4bdb1979542ee31ba4c
[2] https://github.com/junit-pioneer/convert-junit4-to-junit5
[3] https://junit.org/junit5/docs/current/user-guide/
--
Zoran Regvart

Re: JUnit5

Posted by Zoran Regvart <zo...@regvart.com>.
Hi Alex,
Thank you, I wasn't aware of that.

I found this[1] JUnit Jupiter extension that might if we decide that
we really need this now. But like you said I would focus on writing
pure unit tests for new test and then fix the flaky tests gradually.

zoran

[1] https://github.com/artsok/rerunner-jupiter

--
Zoran Regvart