Posted to dev@apr.apache.org by Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org> on 2002/08/13 22:29:55 UTC

a generalized version of worker's fdqueue

Is there any interest in adding a generalized version of worker's
fdqueue to apr-util (this is a FIFO not a stack btw) ???

this is different to the resource list posted by aaron, as it just
manages a work queue.

the api:

apr_status_t apr_queue_init(apr_queue_t **queue,
                             int queue_capacity,
                             apr_pool_t *a);

apr_status_t apr_queue_push(apr_queue_t *queue, void *data);
apr_status_t apr_queue_pop(apr_queue_t *queue, void **data);

/* non-blocking versions of above */
apr_status_t apr_queue_trypush(apr_queue_t *queue, void *data);
apr_status_t apr_queue_trypop(apr_queue_t *queue, void **data);

int apr_queue_size(apr_queue_t *queue);

apr_status_t apr_queue_interrupt_all(apr_queue_t *queue);
apr_status_t apr_queue_term(apr_queue_t *queue);

possible improvements will be the ability to push/pop multiple items
off the queue at the same time.

Re: a generalized version of worker's fdqueue

Posted by Ian Holsman <ia...@apache.org>.
Brian Pane wrote:
> Ian Holsman wrote:
>
>> Is there any interest in adding a generalized version of worker's
>> fdqueue to apr-util (this is a FIFO not a stack btw) ???

ok then
I'll sanitize the code so justin doesn't throw a fit on the style
and commit it in apr-util/misc

Posted by Brian Pane <br...@apache.org>.

Posted by Jim Jagielski <ji...@jaguNET.com>.
At 1:29 PM -0700 8/13/02, Ian Holsman wrote:
>Is there any interest in adding a generalized version of worker's fdqueue to apr-util (this is a FIFO not a stack btw) ???

Very useful I would think...