Posted to user@tuscany.apache.org by Philipp Schöpf <ph...@gmx.de> on 2006/08/03 12:47:17 UTC

DataObject against XSD validation

Hi,

I am wondering how I can validate my (statically XSD- based generated) DataObject against its XSD meta model. The spec is a bit unclear about the validation support - on the one hand, it states
    1.. Supports validation of the standard set of constraints captured in the metadata. The metadata captures common constraints expressible in XML Schema and relational models (for example, occurrence constraints).
On the other hand I cannot find the API to validate my SDO objects with. I could use the API of the underlying EMF framework, but that is not what I am looking for.

Can anybody point me into the right direction?

Thanks in advance,

Philipp

Re: DataObject against XSD validation

Posted by Philipp Schöpf <ph...@gmx.de>.
Hi Frank,

thanks for the fast reply. Good to know that I don't need eyeglasses, yet;-)
I think I will stick on the EMF API and later switch to the SDO 2.1
featureset, as soon at it gets out.

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Murtaza,

Snapshots will be posted periodically here:

http://www.osoa.org/display/Main/SDO+Resources

Frank.

"Goga, Murtaza" <mu...@trisyngroup.com> wrote on 08/03/2006
10:11:35 AM:

Posted by "Goga, Murtaza" <mu...@trisyngroup.com>.
Frank,
Is there a draft of the SDO 2.1 spec floating somewhere?
Thanks,
Murtaza.

You've observed correctly a hole in the SDO spec version 2.0.1. There is
no API for reading XSD constraints on metaobjects. This is being addressed
in the SDO 2.1 spec, with the addition of two new methods on the Type and
Property interfaces:

List getInstanceProperties()

Posted by Frank Budinsky <fr...@ca.ibm.com>.
Hi Philipp,

You've observed correctly a hole in the SDO spec version 2.0.1. There is
no API for reading XSD constraints on metaobjects. This is being addressed
in the SDO 2.1 spec, with the addition of two new methods on the Type and
Property interfaces:

List getInstanceProperties()