Posted to users@tomcat.apache.org by Rajeev Verma <r....@gmail.com> on 2010/06/17 01:49:55 UTC

disabling copy of context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost

Hi,

I am facing a problem which can be solved if I can disable copy of
context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost. Is there some setting to do so?
Thanks for the help.

Regards,
Raj

Re: disabling copy of context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 17/06/2010 17:35, Rajeev Verma wrote:
> Thanks for the response pid. I am using Tomcat 6.0.26 with java 1.6 on
> Windows XP.
> I have two applications (application AU and AC) under same webapps. AC does
> not have a context.xml though AU has. There is a dependency between AU
> and AC and AC need to be started first at start up.

That's a problem.  Tomcat makes no promises about the order of
application startup, and it's single threaded so you've got to wait for
each app to complete it's init.

> When I deployed both the applications first time it worked fine. AC started
> first and then AU. Also context.xml of AU was copied to
> conf/Catalina/localhost. Now when I shutdown tomcat and start it again
> tomcat tries to start AU first and it fails, becuase it need AC to be up.

You might be able to fiddle with timestamps to trick the natural
ordering of the files as they're read off the file system.

> There are two options I have:
> 1) Disable copy of context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost
> 2) Add a blank context.xml for AC

If 2 works, it seems like the easiest solution.

> One more thing, this was working fine on Tomcat 6.0.18.

You can search the changelog for fixes that might have made a
difference.  Does it still work if you revert to 6.0.18, without
changing the app config?

Posted by Rajeev Verma <r....@gmail.com>.

--
Thanks and Regards,
Rajeev Verma

Re: disabling copy of context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost

Posted by Pid <pi...@pidster.com>.
On 17/06/2010 00:49, Rajeev Verma wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am facing a problem which can be solved if I can disable copy of
> context.xml to conf/Catalina/localhost. Is there some setting to do so?
> Thanks for the help.

What are your exact Tomcat, JVM, OS versions?

What is the problem?