Posted to dev@cocoon.apache.org by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com> on 2000/12/18 18:03:30 UTC

Redirects and Cocoon 2

Does anyone else (beside me) have issues with redirection?
I am mostly concerned with WebServers/Servlet engine combos.

Tomcat standalone works great, but WebSphere/IBM HTTP Server
(based on Apache 1.3.12) does not.

Basically, the error I get is that when I redirect from

http://localhost/cocoon/

http://localhost/cocoon/welcome

In WebSphere I get:

http://localhost/welcome

What makes this even more perplexing is that the same type
of thing happens at the root context level:

http://localhost/

redirected to

http://localhost/welcome

yeilds

http://welcome/

which is clearly wrong.  All redirects (I know of) are being
run through HttpServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(resource).

Has anyone else solved this issue?

---------------------------------------
If you lust for Ham and Eggs, you have
committed breakfast in your heart
already.   -- C. S. Lewis

Re: Redirects and Cocoon 2

Posted by Berin Loritsch <bl...@infoplanning.com>.
I encoded all the redirects, but unfortunately, it doesn't work still.
I have a couple of entries in the WebSphere news list, but they have
been less than helpful...

Re: Redirects and Cocoon 2

Posted by Giacomo Pati <gi...@apache.org>.
Berin Loritsch wrote:

> Does anyone else (beside me) have issues with redirection?

Well, Joerg Henne brought up the fact that redirection during output
production (especially in a XSP page) must be caught to stop it and to
reset to a clean state (but I think this is not what you've meant here).

> I am mostly concerned with WebServers/Servlet engine combos.
>
> Tomcat standalone works great, but WebSphere/IBM HTTP Server
> (based on Apache 1.3.12) does not.
>
> Basically, the error I get is that when I redirect from
>
> http://localhost/cocoon/

> http://localhost/cocoon/welcome
>
> In WebSphere I get:
>
> http://localhost/welcome
>
> What makes this even more perplexing is that the same type
> of thing happens at the root context level:
>
> http://localhost/
>
> redirected to
>
> http://localhost/welcome
>
> yeilds
>
> http://welcome/
>
> which is clearly wrong.  All redirects (I know of) are being
> run through HttpServletResponse.encodeRedirectURL(resource).
>
> Has anyone else solved this issue?

Not that I am aware of.

Giacomo