Posted to apache-bugdb@apache.org by Francisco <ca...@ibm.net> on 1997/08/21 11:40:04 UTC

general/1032: Apache 1.2.3 Proxy Server returns Error 403 while Apache 1.2.1 Proxy Server works ok

>Number:         1032
>Category:       general
>Synopsis:       Apache 1.2.3 Proxy Server returns Error 403 while Apache 1.2.1 Proxy Server works ok
>Confidential:   no
>Severity:       serious
No core dumps.

I used to have Apache 1.2.1 setup on a Linux box as a proxy server. Using Microsoft Explorer on a W95 box I always accessed the http://investor.msn.com  without any problem. Upgraded to Apache 1.2.3 and cannot use Apache as a proxy server any more for THIS PARTICULAR SITE ONLY. I did not check many others, but a few worked ok.
Aparently the problem is with the home.asp file that gets loaded from this URL. Don't know enough to understand what's going on.
Probably yes. Try going to http://investor.msn.com through an Apache 1.2.3 proxy server.
>Fix:
Re-install Apache 1.2.1 (simply replaced the binary-executable%2