Posted to dev@beam.apache.org by Tyson Hamilton <ty...@google.com> on 2020/06/09 14:51:47 UTC

Remove EOL'd Runners

Hi All,

As part of the Fixit [1] I'd like to remove EOL'd runners, Apex and Gearpump, as described in BEAM-9999 [2]. This will be a big PR I think and didn't want anyone to be surprised. There is already some agreement in the linked Jira issue. If there are no objections I'll get started later today or tomorrow.

-Tyson

[1]: https://lists.apache.org/thread.html/r9ddc77a8fee58ad02f68e2d9a7f054aab3e55717cc88ad1d5bc49311%40%3Cdev.beam.apache.org%3E
[2]: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/BEAM-9999

Re: Remove EOL'd Runners

Posted by Tyson Hamilton <ty...@google.com>.
OK first PR up for Gearpump removal: https://github.com/apache/beam/pull/11960

If someone could run precommits that would be appreciated. One thing I'm unsure of is if there are any additional Jenkins configs outside the repo that need updating. I don't think there is but if anyone else knows please speak up.

Re: Remove EOL'd Runners

Posted by Kenneth Knowles <ke...@apache.org>.
I have "archived" the `runner-gearpump` Jira component. This makes it so
new issues cannot be associated. It can be unarchived any time. It does not
close or hide associated issues (makes sense: in Jira's data model, issues
are not "in" components, but associated with one or more)

Kenn

Re: Remove EOL'd Runners

Posted by Tyson Hamilton <ty...@google.com>.
Sounds good, thanks.