Posted to dev@poi.apache.org by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> on 2003/04/24 23:18:50 UTC

Re: [POI] Number of sheet.addMergedRegion

There is a bug regarding this in bugzilla.  Basically HSSF doesn't know how
to "continue" merged cell records.  If the size of the merged cell exceeds
the limit (like 2k or 4k IIRC) then it is supposed to create a continuation
record and put the rest of the data (up to that limit) in the continuation
record with subsequent continuation records until its done.   HSSF is trying
to dump it all into one record.  That¹s very naughty.

In the next few weeks we're going to be putting out a 2.0pre release.  It
would be killer if someone could fix this bug.  However, its unlikely I'll
have time.  I've got bigger cockroaches to fry.

-Andy

Posted by "Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org>.
There are always 3 options:

1. Wait for it to get fixed while giving samples and info necessary to help
someone else fix it
2. Fix it yourself (read the web pages for how. its pretty well explained.)
3. pay someone to do it.

I'm sure it will get fixed before too long if you opt for one.  Its a
problem for a number of folks

We always encourage patches.

#3 is how I make my living.  I can certainly help find someone to do this
for you.

-Andy

Posted by Lior Shliechkorn <li...@yahoo.com>.

"Andrew C. Oliver" <ac...@apache.org> wrote: There is a bug regarding this in bugzilla. Basically HSSF doesn't know how