Posted to xmlrpc-dev@ws.apache.org by Quentin DELANCE <qu...@insalien.org> on 2003/07/28 11:43:33 UTC

XML-RPC String and special characters (euro symbol)

Hi XML-RPC folks,

Spending some time with XML-RPC, I found that it was not possible to
send a string containing euro symbol (I got an XmlRpcException). While
browsing CVS and reading the newsgroups, it seems that it is/was caused
by it was caused by XML-RPC spec itself which was not clear enough.

Tell me if I am wrong, my understanding is that it was not clear if the
string could contain special characters due to a mention to "ASCII
strings". Now it seems that this point has been (1).

I think that this commit should be reverted so that we could encode
special characters (like euro symbol) again in strings :
(diff between 1.3 and 1.4 of XmlWriter)

http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/xml-rpc/src/java/org/apache/xmlrpc/XmlWriter.java.diff?r1=1.3&r2=1.4

Thanks,

	Quentin