Posted to xmlbeans-user@xml.apache.org by "Campana Jr., Salvatore J" <sa...@hp.com> on 2004/07/13 23:41:08 UTC

How to add SOAPElements to xsd:any portion of XmlObject

I have generated an XmlBean for a schema which contains an element which
is of type xsd:any.  I am trying to determine the easiest way to insert
some SOAPElement objects into the XmlBean into this xsd:any field.
(Note. I can convert the SOAPElements to String or DOM)

It seems as though a XmlCursor may provide a way to do it, but I am not
sure....

Here is a snippet of the schema:

<xsd:complexContent name="foo">
    <xsd:sequence>
      <xsd:any minOccurs="0" maxOccurs="unbounded"/>
    </xsd:sequence>
</xsd:complexContent>

<xsd:element name="FooBar" type="foo"/>

While a FooBar is generated, there is no direct way (from what I can
tell) in which I can add to the "any"....A XMLCursor will allow me to
create an element and add text, but since I do not know what type the
MessageElements will be, it becomes an exercise in walking all the
elements in the MessageElement structure to add the xml....Is there and
easier way?

Sal Campana
HP Software
856.638.6284