Posted to user@drill.apache.org by "Alfaro, Tony" <Jo...@viasat.com> on 2015/11/12 16:44:53 UTC

How to setup user authentication for the WebUI?

I've done as the documentation said and installed jpam, user auth works with the command line access tools (bin/drill-conf -n user -p pass), but the webui's don't show a login page, only the data for number of drill bits, the hostnames for each bit, the port addresses, and direct memory numbers.  The drill-env.sh file contains the path declaration for jpam as /opt/pam/ (where it was installed) and the drill-override.conf has the following drill.exec section:

drill.exec: {
  cluster-id: "clusterid",
  zk.connect: "node01:2181,node02:2181,node03:2181"
  security.user.auth {
    enabled: true,
    packages += "org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.user.security",
    impl: "pam",
    pam_profiles: [ "sudo", "login" ]
  }
  http: {
    enabled: true,
    ssl_enabled: true,
    port: 8047
  },
}

Is there something obvious I'm missing to get the user login page to show?

Jose A. "Tony" Alfaro // Application Systems Administrator
ViaSat, Inc.
Email :  jose.alfaro@viasat.com<ma...@viasat.com>
desk  :  720.568.3061
mobile:  720.467.9481

Re: How to setup user authentication for the WebUI?

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.
I see the disconnect.  I was responding to the block of text below. The
last three bullet points below are false.

Administrator Privileges

When authentication is enabled, only Drill users who are assigned Drill
cluster administrator privileges can perform the following tasks:

   - Change a system-level option by issuing an ALTER SYSTEM command
   - Update a storage plugin configuration through the REST API or Web
   Console
   running in a cluster
   - Cancel running queries that were launched by any user in the cluster

--
Jacques Nadeau
CTO and Co-Founder, Dremio

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.
Fixed:

Posted by Jacques Nadeau <ja...@dremio.com>.

Posted by Kristine Hahn <kh...@maprtech.com>.

Posted by Kevin Verhoeven <Ke...@ds-iq.com>.
I have the same problem, using Ubuntu 14.04 and Drill 1.2.0. After following the instructions I am not offered a way to authenticate on the Web UI. The problem is when I run a query using the Web UI I receive the following error: org.apache.drill.exec.rpc.RpcException: HANDSHAKE_VALIDATION : Status: AUTH_FAILED.

I found a Drill Bug report in Jira that might cover this problem, hopefully this is fixed soon: https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/DRILL-3201

Kevin

Posted by "Alfaro, Tony" <Jo...@viasat.com>.
Andries -