Posted to user@ofbiz.apache.org by Yin T <bu...@hotmail.com> on 2008/01/15 23:02:22 UTC

How well does the screen widgets support handheld devices.

I would like to know how much effort and what kind of effort is required to
adapt the screens in ofbiz so that it would be usable for smaller web
browsers (eg. Blackberry, Palm, PocketPc, etc)

Does the current use of screen widgets, forms, etc make it easier or hinder
the adaptation.

Has anyone had any experience adapting ofbiz UI for handheld devices.  I
would be interested in what technical challenges presented itself and what I
should be aware of.

I figure the more complex screens would have to be broken down into multiple
smaller and simpler screens with added functionality to serve these smaller
screens.

Re: How well does the screen widgets support handheld devices.

Posted by Adrian Crum <ad...@hlmksw.com>.
Check the handheld component in the specialpurpose folder.