Posted to dev@myfaces.apache.org by Volker Weber <v....@inexso.de> on 2007/11/19 10:24:18 UTC

[tobago] Problems with (jsf-)FormBasedLogin, stored passwords and FF

Hi,

a problem which was noticed by me (on a linux FF) a while ago seems
now also occuring on windows FF.

We have a application with form based login where the loginpage is
created by tobago.
The name attribute of name and password fields are changed by
javascript from the jsf-clientIds to the required
"j_username"/"j_password" in onload.

But this seems to late for the recognition of stored passwords in new FFs.

My proposal is a new attribute "name" on tc:in which value (if exists)
could be used as name attribute for the correspondending <input> tag
instead of the clientId.

Any objections or other ideas how to solve this?

Regards,
    Volker

Re: [tobago] Problems with (jsf-)FormBasedLogin, stored passwords and FF

Posted by Manfred Geiler <ma...@gmail.com>.
I use straight html input tags for my form based login pages.
Why do you need <h:input* for this? Because of skinning?
Rather than adding an intrusive "name" attribute I suggest to launch
two new components <tc:inputFormBasedUsername> and
<tc:inputFormBasedPassword>. The form based login is a very special
case and under normal circumstances overriding the name attribute for
a jsf input breaks everything. So this use case actually demands new
component types rather than a hack/patch in the standard input
component.

--Manfred

--
http://www.irian.at