Posted to dev@directory.apache.org by Alexey Ivanov <ne...@bk.ru> on 2009/10/19 11:43:32 UTC

Apache Directory Studio on FreeBSD

Is there a way to run apache-ds on FreeBSD amd64?

I can neither build it from source, nor run linux binaries.

I have this issue when compiling from source:

RABBITZ# svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.4.0.v20090407/ ads
RABBITZ# cd ads
RABBITZ# mvn clean install
[INFO] Scanning for projects...
[ERROR] FATAL ERROR

Project ID: org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null

Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.directory.studio:parent for project: org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null for project
org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null

RABBITZ# pkg_info | grep maven
maven2-2.2.1        Java project management tool, 2.0 branch

and this issue when trying to run linux 32bit binaries:
"The ApacheDirectoryStudio executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."
It doesn't even says what libraries it's missing

Also a have some discussion about this problem on freebsd forums: https://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=7805

Re[2]: Apache Directory Studio on FreeBSD

Posted by Alexey Ivanov <ne...@bk.ru>.
> I also noticed this behavior with the tagged version.
> Looks like the Maven Release plugin we're using, did not correctly update
> all the pom.xml files. Especially, the 'parent-help' pom.
>
> You should try to build our actual trunk (which is pretty stable since we're
> planing to release the version 1.5 in the next days).

You are right, trunk i building without any problems. Thanks!!

> If you're running on a 'amd64' architecture, you should try the 'Linux
> x86_64' version of Studio.
> If it's not compatible with your architecture, you can even install Studio
> within Eclipse (if Eclipse runs on your platform, Studio should run within
> this Eclipse).

FreeBSD by now supports only linux x86 executables. linuxulator64 is now WIP.

Re: Apache Directory Studio on FreeBSD

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
FYI, I just fixed the build in the tag.
You should be able to build it correctly now.

Regards,
Pierre-Arnaud

Posted by Pierre-Arnaud Marcelot <pa...@marcelot.net>.
Hi Alexey,

Posted by Emmanuel Lecharny <el...@apache.org>.
Hi,

Q: which java version are you using ?

Also, we are building the project with Maven 2.0.9. Not sure it has an
impact (never tested it with 2.2.1 for instance).

Alexey Ivanov wrote:
> Is there a way to run apache-ds on FreeBSD amd64?
>
> I can neither build it from source, nor run linux binaries.
>
> I have this issue when compiling from source:
>
> RABBITZ# svn co http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/directory/studio/tags/1.4.0.v20090407/ ads
> RABBITZ# cd ads
> RABBITZ# mvn clean install
> [INFO] Scanning for projects...
> [ERROR] FATAL ERROR
>

> Project ID: org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null
>
> Reason: Cannot find parent: org.apache.directory.studio:parent for project: org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null for project
> org.apache.directory.studio:parent-help:pom:null
>
> RABBITZ# pkg_info | grep maven
> maven2-2.2.1        Java project management tool, 2.0 branch
>

> and this issue when trying to run linux 32bit binaries:
> "The ApacheDirectoryStudio executable launcher was unable to locate its companion shared library."
> It doesn't even says what libraries it's missing
>
> Also a have some discussion about this problem on freebsd forums: https://forums.freebsd.org/showthread.php?t=7805

cordialement, regards,
Emmanuel Le'charny
www.iktek.com